Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Day In The Life

So after being bombarded with a million people saying "OMG! Gastric Bypass surgery? You eat practically nothing, right??" I've decided to do a "day in the life" of my pouch.. The idea is pretty much stolen from , who often does a "Day In My Pouch" for her readers..

Breakfast: Nutty Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - This oatmeal is made completely with milk- I don't do the water thing anymore as I find this tastes so much better! I added homemade chunky applesauce, and some walnuts and raisins. I sweeten mine up with a little bit of Torani SF Vanilla Syrup, and some splenda. Throw in some cinnamon, and you're good to go!



Lunch: Whole Wheat Protein Wrap - Since bread is a no-no and wrap breads are tolerated, I usually have a 6" wrap everyday.
Today I topped mine with 4 slices salami (bad choice, high in fat!), lettuce, onions, a teeny bit of LF mayo, and lots of mustard. Veggies and tzatziki dip (15 calories in one tablespoon! Good choice!) on the side.



Dinner: Turkey Sausage with Quinoa Salad - Don't be fooled by the word "Sausage." My turkey sausage has 130calories, 5gFat, and 18g or protein! A regular sausage can have 270 calories and 24GRAMS OF FAT. Phew, turkey it is!! They are definitely still tasty.

For those that don't know what Quinoa is, it's the highest protein grain that you can buy, and it's also a "complete protein" which means it has an almost ideal balance of amino acids. It's pretty new to me, but basically you boil it like a rice, and can mix it with a bit of lemon juice, herbs, and veggies, or add a little bit of your favourite salad dressing..

My apologies for an UGLY picture. I guess this is where being cheffy would come in handy. Attractive food is a skill I do not posses.




Snack: Kozy Shack Rice Pudding and Strawberries - Kozy Shack has a No Sugar Added rice pudding that has only 70 calories, so every once and a while I go for one. It's no british homeland rice pud, but it'll do!!



So, that's my food for the day, not "nothing", right?! It's pretty substantial! Along with lots and lots of decaf tea and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment